Program Officer for Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability – World Resources Institute
3 months ago ujang Comments Off on Program Officer for Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability – World Resources Institute
Informasi Lowongan kerja : Program Officer for Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability – World Resources Institute – World Resources Institute
The project intends to integrate development planning, financing, and licensing in land-based sector and to assess the needs for capacity building for the integration at a sub-national (district) level in Indonesia. Actual practices for planning, financing and licensing remain isolated, siloed processes at different level government including those at district level. This disintegration is critical for impacts in addressing development and sustainability in emerging jurisdictional initiatives at local level such as green, conservation or sustainable districts. After declaring themselves as green, conservation, or sustainable jurisdictions, these initiatives need to define sustainability issues and address these issues in ways that are integrating development planning, development financing, and licensing.
WRI Indonesia will initiate and achieve intended integration through, among others, workshop with local stakeholders about development planning, finance (public, private, blended), licensing in land-based sector and about system thinking and sustainability in restoration and conservation; training, series of FGDs, and working together in model building and use; dialogue with local leadership and key agencies; and needs assessment for capacity building of local stakeholders. Two jurisdictions which respectively represents conservation and restoration circumstances, that is Sorong Selatan in West Papua and Sintang in West Kalimantan, become the target districts of the project.
The anticipated outcomes of the project are threefold. First, increased ability of district stakeholders in the public sector to understand linkages – such as impacts, trade-offs, synergies – from aligning planning for development, financing for development, and licensing in land-based sectors in achieving sustainability vision of their jurisdiction. Second, initiated use of integrated approach and tool to develop and assess district development planning programs and interventions, financing allocation, and licensing decision. Third, improved understanding about areas and needs for capacity building required by district stakeholders to be able to design and implement integrated development planning, financing and licensing.
The Program Officer for Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability will be based in Jakarta and provide support in project/program management, research/analysis and knowledge production/dissemination, and stakeholder engagement of the Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability and related portfolio at WRI. He/she reports to the Lead Economist with outcomes monitored by Senior Climate Program and consulted with managers for Sustainable Land Use and Sustainable Commodities and Business. He/she will contribute to the development of high-quality research/knowledge products and needs assessment that are designed to advise targeted audiences and facilitate project management necessary to achieve anticipated outcomes of the project. He/she will coordinate with the regional team and other key personnel of the projects and liaise closely with partners engaging with similar programs as well as relevant public agencies, local authorities, companies and civil society.
The main areas of responsibility for the Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability Project Lead will include the following:
Program Management (60%)
- Work closely with the Lead Economist to lead Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability research portfolio and program planning, involve on budgeting and monitoring, including risk management for the program’s successful outcome.
- Actively leading a team coordination with managers, researchers, and regional teams
- Manage partnership building and technical assistance with government agencies, academic institutions, private sector, NGOs and wider public to develop strategy associated with the project
- Supervise teams of researchers and consultants to achieve various project deliverables
- Document progress of activities and contribute to ongoing institutional M&E and reports
- With assisting of Lead Economist to develop and present project documents, deck, reports, and proposals.
Research & Knowledge (30%)
- Work with other research and communication teams in authoring or co-authoring knowledge products (e.g. peer-reviewed report and publication) and other engagement documents (e.g. method briefs, data products, background information, and/or concept notes)
- Identify and advance new lines of strategic research and timely analysis relevant to program’s influence, strategy and objectives
- Develop and disseminate knowledge products, such as blogs, opinions and platforms, and deliver presentations at public speaking events as needed
- Facilitate meetings and deliver trainings for various stakeholders and clients on WRI Indonesia’s research tools and knowledge products.
Engagement/Relations with Internal and External partner (10%)
- Engage with national and local stakeholders related to select districts and thematic areas of the project
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Master’s degree in social sciences, environmental and sustainability studies, or a related field
- Studies, interest or experience working on development planning, financing, licensing, and economic-environmental system in land-based sectors (forestry, peatland, plantation, mining), particularly in areas of governance, jurisdictional approach, integrated economic-environmental accounting, and system approach to sustainability.
- Minimum three years of full-time work experience in relevant field, with strong research and program management in the area of forestry, land use, environment, economic and development
- Direct hands-on experience in conducting research and consulting engagement, writing reviews and reports in the afore-mentioned sectors and areas
- Direct hands-on experience in project management (e.g. planning, budgeting), grant management (donor reporting), and event management (e.g. organizing workshop, training)
- Strong inter-personal skills, working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team player
- High attention to details, well organized, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Strong network of relationships and partnerships with governments, research institution and academia, civil society, business, and other stakeholders engaged in related issues
- Published article or journal related to forest governance, land use management, or related area
- Proficiency in processing quantitative/qualitative data using software to produce high quality visual and reports
- Familiarity with related public policies (planning, financing, licensing) in the national and sub-national level
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Remuneration: Remuneration is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 20July 2020.We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI’s policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Melamar di perusahan World Resources Institute menjadi Program Officer for Integrated Planning, Financing and Licensing for Sustainability – World Resources Institute dengan klik link dibawah ini.
Temukan alamat World Resources Institute dan Gaji World Resources Institute.